Windows Phone platform commonly known as a mobile platform that provides personalized characteristic, unique experience and smooth performance. In 2014, a signature cinema chain launches a Windows Phone GCS application with Microsoft.
I got an opportunity to listen to a speech of one of a big figure in IT about an architectural & development experience of the Golden Screen Cinema windows mobile app.
During the development life cycle they have highly focus on the following facts.
- Identified the Platform uphill Challenges
- iOS & Anroid already exists with high number of download
- Customer does not understand Windows Phone from consumer
- Windows phone platform market share is not convincing
- Differentiate itself from iOS & Anroid
- Propose new features & hopefully new business to generate more revenue
- Using Hi-fidelity story-boarding to convince customers
- Improvement Challengers
- Better brand marketing
- Increase application performance & reduce internet data usage
- Support new method of payment via mobile app
- Speed up application loading time & don't sacrifice user experience
- Mobile application version checking
- Increase application performance
- Cache movie poster image offline
- Download once & reuse
- Reduce Flickr effect
- Key Features
- Voice Recognition
- Movie poster stick to the wall paper
- Movies details & biography
- Offline history records
- Remainders for movie date time& snacks orders
- Continuous client support
- Understand platform capability during proposal stage and be innovative
- Understand customer needs
- Stay connected with customers
Specially thanks to MVP Walter Wong
MS Tech Ed 2015 - Dev216 - Journey of Developing Windows Phone Application for Cinema by MVP Walter Wong
B' happiiiiiii always..............!