Tag helpers can be used to improve the readability of your Razor views that generate HTML forms. Tag Helpers provide a cleaner syntax that more closely matches the HTML that will be generated.
Enable Tag Helpers
Tag Helpers are located in the Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.TagHelpers package, So add a reference to that in the project.json file. Then can enable tag helpers by adding this @addTagHelper "*, Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.TagHelpers" into _GlobalImports.cshtml.
HTML helper vs Tag helper
It might look like Tag Helpers are just a syntax change with no obvious benefits. The difference however, can make your Razor forms much more readable
As you can see, the HTML helper approach becomes very hard to understand while the tag helper approach is very clear and concise.
Most Common Tag Helpers
- Tag helper automatically get the value from the Display attribute
- HTML attributes that added to the textarea element will be merged with the generated attributes.
- All the functionality provided by the select tag helper provides a clean syntax for generating select elements based on the values in the model
- Any HTML attributes you add to the form element will be included in the generated HTML
- validation message tag helper directly after the input tag helper for the same property. This allows for the validation message to be displayed in close proximity to the input that it applies to
B' happiiiiiii always..............!